Martinholme Farm lies a little to the west of the village.
William Hazlewood Sedman farmed at Martinholme in 1892. He is listed as a horse breeder in an American stud book of 1908. In 1919 the tenancy was assigned to W. H. Sedman & Sons.
Also known as ‘The New Farm’ in 1919.
When put up for sale by the Sledmere Estate in 1919, the details were as follows:
Farm House: Entrance, Two Sitting Rooms, Breakfast Room, Kitchen, Eight Bedrooms, Dairy and Offices.
Barn, Stable for 11 horses, Granary, Cowhouses, Smithy, Boxes, Sheds and other buildings, and the following closes of Grass and Arable Land.
Tenants – Messrs. W. H. Sedman & Sons.
|No. on Plan.||DESCRIPTION OR CULTIVATION.||Area (acres)|
|133||House and Homestead||2.052|